Oh Ohh! I found out how to connect to a PC :)

Help for developers.

Oh Ohh! I found out how to connect to a PC :)

Postby Ian » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:46 pm

This means that people will be able to use BTInterface to control PCs and laptops!
Not only that but because BTInterface also has the ability to send and receive SMS Texts then BTInterface could easily be used as a Text machine for someone's system.
Remember that it can act on incoming SMS Texts that begin with a password so you could have an integrated system whereby you get the users to begin their text with password ...
Or I might include the ability to set it to act on all incoming texts.

The possibilities are endless, right, just dusting off those C# and WPF skills to make an example PC app.

:geek:
BTInterface

Its a thing that allows you to do things with things.

Please Donate to support further development of BTInterface, thank you
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... aNonHosted
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Oh Ohh! I found out how to connect to a PC :)

Postby Ian » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:23 pm

I'm still figuring this out but here's a few pointers for anyone wishing to have a go.

Once you have bluetooth either built-in to your laptop or PC or you use a Dongle then you need to go to the Bluetooth settings.

In Win7 this is easiest by going to Start > Devices and Printers.

Here I can see that I have a 'Generic Bluetooth Radio' and if I right-click on that I can go into 'Bluetooth Settings'

Here I have a tab 'Com ports'

You need to Add a new Incoming port. Give it a moment to install the drivers then it should tell you which Com number it is, remember that.

The device should be discoverable so that BTInterface can find it.

Here's a secret. The Port must be in use or you can't 'bind' to it!!!

So for example if you have a terminal program such as Realterm (free) Then Click on the 'Port' tab and set it up to your new Com number mine was Com9 so this is Port 9, set it for 9600 then click on the Open button, the Open button must stay depressed (not sad, just down :) )

Now Discover it with BTInterface!!!

Took two goes for me, then I had to type in a number in my Android device, then type in the same number on my PC then it was connected!!!

A terminal type program sends each character as you type which is not the way BTInterface works so you can get a Java error but just click on 'Yes' to continue if you do.

In RealTerm you can choose the 'Send' tab then type something in the first field then click on the Send ASCII button and it'll send it to BTInterface, go into the Terminal screen in BTInterface to see it :)

Just for fun, in that text box in RealTerm type:

sfx10

and click on the Send ASCII button :)

Then type:

say ian is a genius.

and click on the Send ASCII button :)

I thank you! :)

ian
BTInterface

Its a thing that allows you to do things with things.

Please Donate to support further development of BTInterface, thank you
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... aNonHosted
Ian
Site Admin

Return to BTInterface